Computer Learning Lab
The Computer Learning Lab at Branford High School is intended for use by our ABE, ESL, Citizenship, GED®, and High School Credit Diploma students. Interactive software is designed to improve basic math and reading skills, to enter the GED® program and to prepare for the state exam and for career searches. It is provided for students who benefit from individualized learning and to complement classroom instruction. An academic tutor and computer aide assist students with the software. The hardware, software and free services are made available through a competitive federal grant won by ERACE.
- Branford High School Media Center
- Mondays, 4 pm - 6 pm
- Wednesdays, 6:15 pm - 8:15 pm
- Keyboarding practice
- Online classes
- Longman Interactive
- GED practice websites
- Other uses related to ERACE coursework
Rules for the Computer Learning Lab:
- Students must sign in when entering the lab and sign out when leaving. (Students entering at 5 pm will also need to sign in with the security guard.)
- Students must arrive on time and stay for the entire hour.
- No food or drink allowed in the lab.
- No cell phones.
- No social media sites (e.g., Facebook).
- Students may not go on any site unrelated to ERACE coursework.
- Failure to follow the rules will result in a suspension of the computer lab for a minimum of one week.
- Students must sign an open computer lab contract prior to using the facilities at the computer lab.